Sunday 20 January 2013

Baby, it's cold outside...

The Storm
They were left alone in the big house, just the two of them.
It was a cold, dark, stormy night. The storm had come quickly and each time the thunder boomed, he watched her jump.
She looked across the room and admired his strong appearance; wished that he would take her in his arms, comfort her and protect her from the storm.
Suddenly, with a pop, the power went out... she screamed!
He raced to the sofa where she was cowering.
He didn't hesitate to pull her into his arms.
He knew this was a forbidden union and expected her to pull away.
He was surprised when she didn't resist, but clung to him instead.
The storm raged on...
They knew it was wrong; their families and friends would never understand.
So consumed were they by their fear and unspoken passion that they heard no opening of doors, no creaking of boards...
just the faint click of a camera....



As the snow swirls around this little corner of East Sussex again, many thanks to my lovely friend Frances, currently melting on holiday in Australia, for sending the above. Still no milk for the porridge, but this has raised a smile and warmed the cockles of my heart before the trudge to Sainsburys! As a vegetarian, I have no idea why my heart might require cockles or indeed where they're located. Now, Tom Jones, as featured here with the under-rated Cerys Matthews, is surely a man with a heart full of both cockles and muscles... I believe the cough medicine is making me ramble a bit.

"Baby It's Cold Outside"  Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews 



6 comments:

  1. Read the email you sent. Funny! My grey monster is planted in front of the stove, as can be seen on fb. Lucky biaatttch :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it by "grey monster" you mean the cuddlesome ball of adorable that is Juno! No-one has used the word "biatch" on my little blog before: I'm sure it'll all get sorted out at Confession...! Stay warm and God bless honey xx

      Delete
    2. I do indeed! She has absolutely no issue with the arctic conditions outside. And apologies! I shall never again spoil the perfection that is this blog with my potty mouth. I promise... *slaunters off through the snow to Confession*

      Delete
    3. I meant I was due to go to Confession, particularly as I have editorial control (mwahaha!) over any content, "potty-mouth" or otherwise! :-) And no swaggering into Confession either: mass isn't meant to to be picnic as Sister Mary Charles used to point out! (Is "slauntering" a Belgian way of sauntering??) It's actually very good to have you back on here xx

      Delete
  2. hhahha I LOVE this!!! Keep your blogs coming Gisele, I really love them. Get better soon hun and take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my lovely! Good luck with the ironing; I'm off out to hunt and gather milk and veggies. The snow isn't easing off but neither is my legendary appetite, so there's nothing else for it. Wish me luck! x

      Delete